The Happy Workplace Programme: It's all about the peopleA transformational four day Leadership event over six months
A happy workplace leads to greater productivity and tangible business results. This programme is about placing people at the heart of what your managers do.
What You Will Learn
A happy workplace leads to greater productivity and tangible business results. This programme is about placing people at the heart of what you do.
Based upon our own practical experience at Happy and learning from some of the world’s great workplaces (like Google and WL Gore), it will enable you to become a leader that people would choose to be led by. It will give you the personal insight and practical leadership skills to create a high performing team.
This programme is for anyone with line management responsibility. It is a unique opportunity to self-reflect, change behaviour and adopt new ways of working.
- Become a credible leader that inspires trust
- Understand what enables people to work at their best
- High performing teams working to their strengths and to a common goal
- An agile and responsive team, working within clear values and principles
- Greater trust an autonomy for your people
- High levels of accountability within the team, enabling them to deliver high quality on time
- A more engaged and motivated team
- Greater innovation and greater productivity
- Practical skills that you will be able to transfer to your workplace
- Raise the level of happiness within your team
Key Themes Covered Through the Four Days
Day One: All about You as a Leader
Day one of the programme is all about you and your leadership style, it is about how to bring out the best in you and others, whilst being authentic. You will be excited about your role as a leader, have the space and opportunity to self-reflect in order to work successfully with your team.
- The core of an effective culture, why put people at the heart of what you do?
- Identify who you are as a leader and your leadership attitudes and skills
- Find a buddy to work with, to support, and to hold to account for actions through the programme
- Build trust and credibility within your team and your organisation through a ‘to be’ list
- Reflect on your feedback from your team re your leadership style (based on the pre-programme preparation)
- Develop your emotional intelligence, through self-awareness and self-reflection
- Using your pre-programme preparation, understand your communication style, how to adapt it to work successfully with others
- Learn the skills to become a multiplier of your people’s talents
- Introduce the Happy Workplace planner and online portal – to help you build positive habits
eLearning Between Days One and Two
- Discover how to be more productive and less “busy”, by identifying and changing your reflection, prioritising, email and meeting habits.
Day Two: Practical Skills for You as a Leader
Day two of the programme is all about learning and applying the tools you need as a leader to help your team feel motivated, empowered and valued. You will achieve this by understanding the benefits of successful 1 to 1’s, as well as through a series of practical exercises based around active listening, coaching your people to success, and providing positive and constructive feedback.
- Effective 1 to 1’s – what are they, why do them, who sets the agenda, what should you discuss
- Listening to understand rather than be understood – how to do this mindfully with the aim of valuing the other person
- The core of great leadership: coaching your team to success by empowering them to discover their own solutions
- Your role as coach and understanding what works and what doesn’t
- Why, and how, to use TED invitations to develop your coaching skills
- Practice coaching and being coached
- The benefits and steps to providing positive feedback
- How to prepare, behave and present yourself assertively when giving feedback
- The cycle of conflict – understanding how to break this
- Understand the feedback triangle and how to have courageous conversations
Online Questionnaire Between Days Two and Three
- Discover your top five strengths through a robust online questionnaire developed by Gallup – the StrengthsFinder
Day Three: Freedom Within Guidelines
Day three of the programme is all about understanding and applying a culture of autonomy and job ownership enabling and empowering your team to be the best they can be. A key part of this is learning about your strengths and how they enable you as a leader, as well as giving you a tool to discover the strengths of your people.
- Working adult to adult – understanding transactional analysis, the effect it has on your relationships and within the workplace
- Who makes the decisions currently and what might you change about this?
- Enable trust and autonomy, within clear guidelines to create true job ownership
- Be open and transparent in the information you share – what is off limits to staff?
- Discover the difference between accountability and responsibility
- Review your delegation habits and understand the key steps to delegating successfully
- Identify what stops you delegating and challenge these behaviours
- Pre-approval – what is it, what are the benefits of it and how to implement it?
- Using your on-line questionnaire results, understand your strengths and how well you are currently using them in your role
- Discover the 4 domains of leadership strength
- Review how well you know your team’s strengths and how much they are using them in their roles
Online Questionnaires Between Days Three and Four (after 2 months)
- Complete a second online self-reflection questionnaire around your confidence to lead, and your leadership style now
- Ask your team to complete a second online questionnaire around your leadership style now
Day Four: Setting You and Your Team up to Succeed
Day four of the programme is all about opening up your thinking and being more innovative in the future. It will provide the space and opportunity to reflect on your leadership journey through this programme and recap what you have learnt and actioned. It will enable you to create a leadership purpose and vision that will inspire you to embed the changes and build the habits you want to adopt to transform you and your team.
- Triggering innovative working and creative thinking through brainstorming, rapid prototyping and celebrating mistakes
- Reflect on your new feedback from your team re your leadership style (based on the on-line questionnaire between day three and four)
- A reflective journey – recap and summary of what has been covered, what you have applied and transformed, and what your challenges are
- Identify what you might adapt so it works for you, your team and your organisation
- Understand and learn the process of building sustainable habits and changing behaviours long term, to embed the learning and create real action
- Identify your leadership purpose and vision for yourself and your team
- Draw up a personal, practical action plan beyond the programme
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation. It will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The four days are spread over six months to ensure it has a real impact and you get the chance to embed what you learn. The first three events will each be four weeks apart with the final workshop day three months later. It will include pre-course work, and action in-between the days.
Ready to book?
Complete your booking form on the Happy website to save your place
This four-day programme, running over six months, is about placing people at the heart of what your managers do. It will enable you, and your management team, to become inspirational leaders that people would choose to be led by. It will give you the personal insight and practical management skills to create a high performing team. It will lead to greater productivity and tangible business results.
The four days are spread over six months to ensure the programme has a real impact and you get the chance to embed what you learn. The first three events will each be four weeks apart with the final workshop day three months later. It will include pre-course work, and action in-between the days.
January 2019 Dates
Day One: 10th January 2019
Day Two: 7th February 2019
Day Three: 7th March 2019
Day Four: 6th June 2019
March 2019 Dates
Day One: 26th March 2019
Day Two: 30th April 2019
Day Three: 28th May 2019
Day Four: 3rd September 2019
£ Course Costs
Standard Price: £1950 (+VAT)
Public Sector: £1950 (+VAT)
Charity: £995 (+VAT)
Your Programme Facilitators
Cathy has been with Happy since March 1995 and shortly after took over the role of Group Managing Director. As head of Happy People, she is Lead Facilitator and responsible for maintaining Happy’s award winning and celebrated culture.
Paul is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
Sarah has been freelancing for over 20 years. She has excellent communication skills and high levels of both integrity and empathy which makes her an extremely effective trainer, facilitator, and coach. Sarah is Belbin accredited, an NLP Practitioner and a TPMA and City and Guilds Assessor. She uses these skills to specialise in organisation transformation and team building. She is also a confident public speaker, and regularly presents at conferences.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this programme or would like to know how it might be tailored to meet your business needs then feel free to contact us for a friendly chat.