The Happy Workplace Programme: It's all about the peopleA transformational four day Leadership event over six months
A happy workplace leads to greater productivity and tangible business results. This programme is about placing people at the heart of what your managers do.
What You Will Learn
Based upon our own practical experience at Happy, and learning from some of the world’s great workplaces (like Google and WL Gore) this programme will enable you to become a leader that people would choose to be led by. It will give you the personal insight and practical leadership and management skills to create a high performing team.
- Become a credible leader and manager that inspires trust
- Understand what enables people to work at their best
- Discover the key behaviours of successful managers
- Learn how to support and challenge your people through coaching
- Discover how to be more productive and less “busy”
- Develop your emotional intelligence
- Understand your communication style and how to meet the needs of your team
- Create real job ownership for your people
- Deal effectively with challenging behaviour
- Learn the skills to enable you to be a manager who is a multiplier, not a diminisher – and thus enable your people to fulfil their potential
Day One – You as a Leader
- The core of an effective culture
- Understand when people work at their best
- Who you are as a leader and your leadership attitude
- Build trust and credibility
- Develop your Emotional Intelligence
- Identify your communication style
- Be productive, not just busy
You will be excited about your leadership role, with a clear understanding of how to improve your personal effectiveness.
Day Two – You as a Manager
- Become a Multiplier
- Actively listen – the basis of effective communication
- The core of great management: effective coaching
- Empower your people to solve their own challenges
- How to give positive and constructive feedback
- Effective 1 to 1’s
You will develop key coaching skills and develop strong communication to maximise the effectiveness of your team.
Day Three – Freedom Within Guidelines
- Work to your strengths
- Enable trust and autonomy, within clear guidelines
- Create true job ownership
- Delegate responsibility
- More information equals more accountability
Discover the structure and practicalities of how to create a truly great workplace.
Day Four – Setting your Team up to Succeed
- Successful recruitment
- Create a culture for innovation
- Workshop to support real situations faced by participants
- Summary of programme
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
This workshop-style day will be based on solving the practical issues you face in your company or organisation.
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The four days are spread over six months to ensure it has a real impact and you get the chance to embed what you learn. The first three events will each be four weeks apart with the final workshop day three months later. It will include pre-course work, and action in-between the days.
Ready to book?
Complete your booking form on the Happy website to save your place
This four-day programme, running over six months, is about placing people at the heart of what your managers do. It will enable you, and your management team, to become inspirational leaders that people would choose to be led by. It will give you the personal insight and practical management skills to create a high performing team. It will lead to greater productivity and tangible business results.
The four days are spread over six months to ensure the programme has a real impact and you get the chance to embed what you learn. The first three events will each be four weeks apart with the final workshop day three months later. It will include pre-course work, and action in-between the days.
June 2018 dates
Day One: 13th June 2018
Day Two: 11th July 2018
Day Three: 8th August 2018
Day Four: 14th November 2018
September 2018 dates
Day One: 26th September 2018
Day Two: 24th October 2018
Day Three: 21st November 2018
Day Four: 20th February 2018
£ Course Costs
Standard Price: £1950 (+VAT)
Public Sector: £1950 (+VAT)
Charity: £995 (+VAT)
Your Programme Facilitators
Cathy has been with Happy since March 1995 and shortly after took over the role of Group Managing Director. As head of Happy People, she is Lead Facilitator and responsible for maintaining Happy’s award winning and celebrated culture.
Paul is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
Sarah has been freelancing for over 20 years. She has excellent communication skills and high levels of both integrity and empathy which makes her an extremely effective trainer, facilitator, and coach. Sarah is Belbin accredited, an NLP Practitioner and a TPMA and City and Guilds Assessor. She uses these skills to specialise in organisation transformation and team building. She is also a confident public speaker, and regularly presents at conferences.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this programme or would like to know how it might be tailored to meet your business needs then feel free to contact us for a friendly chat.