2018 Happy Workplaces Conference21st - 22nd June | Glaziers Hall, London Bridge
Hear from some of the world’s best workplaces including the John Lewis Partnership, Kingfisher PLC and Propellernet – and learn how to create this culture at your own workplace…
The evidence is clear: happy workplaces perform better in every way.
Studies have shown:
- Workplaces with happy, engaged staff are 22% more profitable
- For every 2% increase in how happy employees are, revenue grows by 1%
- Investing in great workplaces compared to the standard stock market over the last 25 years would give a 3.5% increase in return
- Happy employees miss only 3.9 days of work on average due to sickness each year compared to the 10.7 days missed by disengaged employees
- Organisations with the most engaged employees have 26% lower employee turnover and 20% less absenteeism
- And it’s true of the public sector, too – for every 96 deaths in a happy and engaged hospital, 103 people die in a hospital where staff are disengaged and unhappy!
That’s why we are committed to helping you to create a happy, engaged workplace – find out how you can change the culture of your organisation in our conference with optional masterclass.
"Imagine a workplace where people are energized and motivated by being in control of the work they do. Imagine they are trusted and given freedom, within clear guidelines, to decide how to achieve their results. Imagine they are able to get the life balance they want. Imagine they are valued and held accountable for the work that they do, rather than the time they spend at their desk. Wouldn’t you want to work there?"Henry Stewart, Author of the Happy Manifesto and CEO of Happy
What will you learn?
Simple techniques to change the culture of your organisation – boost staff motivation and build trust, innovation and creativity
A compelling new way of working, moving away from hierarchical systems to one of trust and empowerment
Be inspired by innovation leaders from all sectors, with real, first-hand examples and inspiring ideas of how to motivate staff
Register now to secure your ticket! There's just
Don’t miss out on this year’s event.
Day One: Conference at Glaziers Hall, London Bridge
The conference will be held at Glaziers Hall, adjacent to London Bridge. This beautiful historic venue will host our main event from 9am to 5pm. You will learn from:
- Laurence Vanhée, former Chief Happiness Officer at the Belgian Ministry of Social Security
- Arlette Bentzen, Chief Happiness Officer at Woohoo Inc. with lessons from one of the happiest countries in the world
- Kingfisher PLC, and what happened when two, open-minded and experienced managers at B&Q made no decisions
- The John Lewis Partnership, a company that puts the happiness of its staff at the core of its business
- Happy, an award-winning WorldBlu Freedom-Centered Workplace
All organisations have implemented ideas around happy workplaces and will give real, practical examples of what they did and the challenges they faced. There will be plenty of time for discussion of these ideas, with each speaker posing several questions to the attendees to discuss in groups – so you can start thinking about how you can implement these ideas straight away.
Warning: the day will be full of interaction, discussion and sharing of ideas. Expect to leave the day feeling inspired – but also mentally exhausted!
Day Two: Optional masterclass at Happy’s training centre, Aldgate
Day two is an optional masterclass hosted by Henry Stewart – restricted to just 20 people. The focus will shift to the practical ways to create a happy workplace and creating your own personal action plan that you can implement back in the office. This will be held at Happy’s fun and welcoming training centre in Aldgate from 10am to 4:45pm.
- How a focus on happy employees can drive business results – the framework that makes this happen
- Discover when people work at their best, and simple steps to enable that
- How to play to your people’s strengths to boost engagement and productivity through the business
- How to increase trust and job ownership, within clear guidelines
Like day one, this will include lots of practical discussion – share ideas, best practice and tips on engaged and happy workplaces.
Both venues are fully accessible and inclusive. Please get in touch with us if you have any specific needs or questions on 020 7375 7300 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Formerly Chief Happiness Officer, Belgian Ministry of Social Security
Creating Happiness in the Public Sector
formerly Director of Internal Communications and Engagement, Kingfisher PLC
What if the Boss Made No Decisions? The Art of Asking Questions
Likes to be known as Director of Happiness, John Lewis Partnership
How John Lewis Puts the Happiness of its Staff at the Core of its Business
Chief Happiness Officer, Woohoo Inc.
Best Practices From One of the Happiest Countries in the World
Owner and Manager of Propellernet
Super Engaged – How People and Purpose are Your Route to Profit
formerly Director of Workplace Culture (HR) within the social housing sector
Putting Coaching at the Core of Your Organisation
Group Managing Director, Happy Ltd
Becoming a Leader who Multiplies the Ability of Your People
Dr Jill Armstrong
Bye-Fellow, Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge
Deputy Director, Home Office, and Bye-Fellow, Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge
What you get:
- Breakfast pastries from 9am
- A full cooked buffet lunch, with a vegetarian option offered as standard
- Unlimited refreshments throughout the day – teas, coffees, juice and biscuits
- A workbook to use each day to record your ideas and reflect on how you can implement them in your workplace
- A goody bag with further information and exclusive offers
- Ultra-fast WiFi throughout the two days
Entry to the conference at Glaziers Hall on 21st June only. Hear from some of the world’s best workplaces, including the John Lewis Partnership, Kingfisher PLC, Propellernet and Happy Ltd.
£395 + VAT
Restricted to just 20 people
Entrance to the optional masterclass on 22nd June only. Learn the key elements of a happy and engaged workplace and how to put this into practice in your organisation, hosted by Henry Stewart of Happy Ltd.
£395 + VAT per person
Full Access: Conference + Masterclass
Access the full event
21st June at Glaziers Hall and 22nd June at Happy’s training centre
Learn and be inspired by some of the world’s best workplaces on day one, and learn how to put it into practice on day two in the masterclass.
£595 + VAT per person